AWS Perimeter Protection develops new services that defend Internet-facing applications against evolving threats. We build everything from low-level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating the world’s largest and most sophisticated DDoS and application attacks. Our unique technology and innovative services such as AWS Shield, AWS WAF and AWS Firewall Manager monitor and defend some of the largest customers and networks in the world.
We are currently building a brand-new service and need talented Software Development Engineers.
Join us if…
· You want to play a leading role, influencing how we design, develop, build, deploy and support new services.
· You care deeply about delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower us to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
· You want to work in a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere.
There are few teams in the world that develop critical cybersecurity attack mitigation capabilities at our scale. We are working with customers, gathering requirements, designing, building, supporting and iterating quickly to meet their needs.
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, and have outstanding analytical skills and communication ability. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and be comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams. Does that sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Proven programming ability in Rust and/or C/C++
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Experience working in Linux based environments
· Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.