The DAC Ads Core Econ Team is looking for an experienced PhD economist. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Empirical Industrial Organization. You will lead science projects using cutting edge econometrics and ML to advance science behind our advertisement business.
Advertising is used daily to surface new selection and provide customers a wider set of product choices along their shopping journeys. The business is focused on generating value for shoppers as well as advertisers. Our team uses a combination of econometrics, machine learning, and data science to build disruptive products for all our Advertising products. We also generate insights to guide Amazon Advertising strategy, providing direct support to senior leadership.
· Ph.D. in economics or related finance field
· 5+ years of post PhD work experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Background empirical industrial organization
· Advanced coding ability in a scripting language such as Python, R, and STATA.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Proven track record in conducting research and solving business problems leveraging techniques from economics or related disciplines.
· Knowledge on auction and digital ad will be plus.