The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Detroit, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Have you ever wondered how sellers and selection turn the Amazon flywheel? Join the Selling Partner Infrastructure teams that powers the solutions used by more than 2 million sellers and vendors to manage their business with Amazon, selling more than $100 billion in products to customers in more than 200 countries worldwide.
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming or other similar languages.
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.
· Open to relocate to Detroit
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 7+ years of industry experience.
· Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
· Expert knowledge of Java.
· AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
· Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.