Ever wonder how you can apply your analytics skills to drive customer experience improvements for a diverse, innovative, and fun company like Amazon? Amazon’s Customer Insights and Research team is looking for a Data Scientist to help do exactly that and much more! If you have experience in surveys, experimental design, statistical analysis, and NLP-based machine learning algorithms and are interested in going deeper into data, this is the right opportunity for you. Our team is responsible for conducting global NPS studies to help business teams drive strategic initiatives that advocate for the best possible customer experience. We have a diverse suite of skill sets on the team, including Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Software Development Engineers. Data Scientists in our team apply their skills to design studies and surveys, design and apply statistical analyses, and apply NLP-based processing and machine learning algorithms. Data Scientists also continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to analyze big data and enhance our analytics.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Develop and improve statistical and econometric analyses that provide insights into the business
· Write quality code to analyze data
· Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to the business area
· Understand data resources and know how, when and which to use (and which not to use)
· Use advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to solve business problems
· Communicate analyses and techniques, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business partners.
· Experience applying statistical methods to observational data
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
· Experience using SQL and either Python or R programming languages.
· Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
· Background in NLP-based deep learning algorithms and technologies
· Experience using cloud-based services and big data technologies to support data processing pipelines such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Sagemaker, and Spark.
· Self-starter with flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with a history of delivering results.
· Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity to craft analytical approaches to solving problems
· Intellectual curiosity to continually challenge the status quo to best support evolving customer and business needs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.