Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
· Perform all laboratory testing in a high complexity analytical/clinical laboratory covering all levels of complexity necessary for validation of potential diagnostics testing.
· Be responsible for reviewing and releasing laboratory testing performed by laboratory technicians and reporting results in a timely and accurate manner
· Oversee testing by medical laboratory technicians and specimen management
· Analyze clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures.
· Ensure equipment and instruments remain in good operating condition, recognize any malfunctions and troubleshoot as needed
· Verify, perform, process, and analyze specialized laboratory specimens consistent with laboratory procedural requirements with accuracy and efficiency and report test results
· Perform tests under the direct supervision of the laboratory lead
· Perform quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data (if applicable)
· Maintain updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
· Act as go-to person when lab lead is not available
· Train others on specialized instructions for instruments/protocols (super users)
· Identify and escalate equipment malfunctions; troubleshoot common errors
· Recognize, document, and escalate protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
· Participate in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practice.
· Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating condition
· Bachelor's degree within the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Genetics or Molecular Biology)
· 3+ years of directly-related commercial or academic post-graduate experience working in a clinical lab
· Experience with Real Time PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and LDT (laboratory developed test)
· Knowledge of biology, microbiology and immunology at a level required in medical technology
· Knowledge and practice of standard precautions policies related to handling of potentially infectious agents
· Knowledge of safety procedures relating to operation of laboratory equipment and handling of chemicals
· Experience analyzing and interpreting test procedures and results in order to determine appropriate correction action for abnormal or atypical results
· Comfortable utilizing computers and software
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping.
· Master’s degree within the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Genetics or Molecular Biology)
· Expertise with cutting edge molecular biology and/or biochemistry methods and concepts
· Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies that are commonly used in modern laboratory data analysis.
· Work with a team of researchers to extend and interpret advanced analytical methodologies
· Ability to work successfully within an entrepreneurial environment
· Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams at the interface of life science and computer science
· Facilitate interactions with collaborators, both internal and external, to develop efficiencies for cutting edge analytical methods
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .