At Amazon, we have a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle, from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal. After selling the first book in 1995, we have grown at an incredible rate and now have become the universe’s most customer centric company. By hiring those that take risks and find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace, Amazon cultivates innovation. Every employee at Amazon has the power to forge their own path and to have a true impact on the business, and we find that exhilarating.
Read more about us at amazon.com/about
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. You would be joining a team of 1500+ safety professionals. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea.
Amazon is looking for health and safety professionals with a background in Athletic Training (ATC) to support Amazon’s injury prevention program. In this position, you will be a part of the onsite Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Team and will lead both injury prevention and proactive activities. This position will work in an Amazon Fulfillment Center and report directly to the Site WHS Manager.
The Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS) will be expected to proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic risk factors, perform biomechanical assessments and lead injury prevention activities. The IPS will champion proactive safety, job coaching, ergonomic training, and one-on-one engagements with Associates. The goal of the IPS is to improve technique prior to the onset of soreness or injury.
· Minimize the risk of ergonomic injury to employees through awareness, education and early intervention
· Dive deep and learn each job function within the FC and understand the body ergonomic and physical demands of each task.
· Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process, evaluating potential poor ergonomic conditions through change management processes
· Evaluate trends and provide analysis of all soft tissues injuries and develop actions plans to mitigate risk
· Frequent engagements with both associates and operational leaders
· Support site leadership in implementation and management of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Rotation policies.
· Partner with onsite medical team to implement treatment plans for first aid cases based on injury type
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Success as an IPS will require a positive, outgoing, energetic work style
· Ability to communicate programs and initiatives at all levels of the organization
· Ability to work within a diverse team
· Ability to manage daily standard work and long term projects with minimal oversight
· Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer, by the Board of Certification (BOC)
· Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
· Will be required to maintain all first aid credentials
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital recordkeeping
· Experience in an occupational or industrial setting
· Experience with an industrial wellness program
· Experience working with a cross functional team
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age