This role can be based in London, Paris, Berlin, Munich, Milan, Madrid, Luxembourg, Amsterdam, or Brussels.
Are you an experienced education sales leader? Do you have broad and deep knowledge of cloud computing and related IT technologies, especially as it relates to Education? Do you have solid experience understanding and influencing education-related technology decisions made by public sector customers at C-level (educational institutions, edtechs, education publishers and governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater successes and enhanced education experience by using cloud technology?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, seeks an experienced education sales leader to help Public Sector customers in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), achieve measurably better education experience for millions of students than they can with their on-premises IT environments.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Education Sales in the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) business, this role will work side by side with WWPS regional/country sales leaders, consulting/technology partners, NRENs, solutions architect managers, and professional services practice managers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering on a sales strategy in EMEA region to help accelerate cloud adoption in the education sector at scale. As part of that effort, you will bring data and persuasive abilities to bear to help Higher Education & research institutions, Ministries of Education, NRENs to adopt AWS cloud technologies.
You’ll work closely with education marketing managers, public policy and public relations managers to develop and deliver higher level messages. This role will also assist with strategic account-level sales to help with specific customer engagements. You will have a special emphasis on developing and activating regional and/or national framework agreements for public sector customers in EMEA. Together with your colleagues, and supported by your education-focused partner development managers and sales leaders within the WWPS team, you will help create and track goals, metrics, and reporting as you develop and execute the strategy, with local customization as needed.
We’re looking for an accomplished Sales leader deeply familiar with Education solutions and routes to market, who has overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with Education customers, organizations, and Education technology providers. The ideal candidate will possess a diverse background in education, sales management, solutions marketing, as well as knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, business and organizational skills. This role requires a passion for education and public sector customers and their missions, a talent for innovation, a desire to learn and be curious, and a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity while creating clarity as you move forward. You must be able to scale and influence key decision-makers both externally and internally, while also being able to dive deep, paying attention to details. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop customer relationships at scale.
· Deliver big sales wins
· Accelerate large deal sales process
· Increase cloud adoption within strategic clients
· Lead purchasing framework agreements success across EMEA
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
· Build and grow a talented sales team
· Work with partners to extend reach & promote adoption
· Manage complex customer interactions
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Significant relevant business leadership and sales management experience in and around information technologies, with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to the education market.
· Solid knowledge of and experience with complex deals.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; strong analytical and excellent communications skills, verbal/presentation skills, writing skills, and attention to detail.
· Proven ability to influence and guide both customers and internal stakeholders around business and technical strategies in the education segment, and to translate from business requirements to measurable business.
· Passion for innovation, be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, have the ability to scale and influence broadly, and as well as the ability to dive deep and pay attention to details.
· Experience of selling through channels
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment.
· Have experience of working in a matrix structure/environment
· Master’s degree or equivalent business experience
· Proven hiring, team building, and management skills, including hiring, developing, and promoting the best, with full management control over organizations of ten or more technical and/or business professionals.
· Masters’ degree in relevant business discipline, marketing or strategy.
· Significant experience selling to Education customers in EMEA and globally
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates