JOIN AMAZON GAMES AND HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF GAMES!
Amazon Games is seeking an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Systems Designer to join our team either in Seattle, WA or remotely. This designer will work alongside our design and engineering team to design, implement, and balance captivating game systems that drive exciting game play for an unannounced mobile game.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record designing and balancing complex game systems for mobile free to play games. You have deep technical knowledge of game design theory and tools pipelines. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities. You have the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. You want to take risks, to invent, and are driven to make the best games in the industry. You should be able to work independently and be comfortable with taking direction and critique on your designs. You’ll be sharing your hard-earned knowledge while working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and programmers as you continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
· · Assist with the design and creation of mobile 1st titles
· · Implement and/or prototype gameplay mechanics
· · Tune and balance gameplay systems and economies
· · Document features and technical specs
· · Read and analyze live analytics data
· 4+ years in a game design role
· 1+ shipped/live free to play mobile titles in a game design role
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Have experience as a product owner for a feature
· Experience balancing and pacing free-to-play mobile games
· Experience wearing multiple hats on a small team
· Experience working on a competitive multiplayer game
· Strong creative and technical writing skills
· Experience in Unreal 4
· Passionate mobile gamer with in-depth knowledge
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.