We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager for a major new Amazon business. Shop Local is a new selling model where local retailers can list and sell their selection on Amazon inside the local markets they serve. Launched in 2018, we are now expanding this business broadly, and it is ripe for innovation and scaling through a newly formed marketing organization. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will own on-site and off-site marketing programs driving both retailer and customer acquisition and engagement.
The person in this role will develop marketing campaigns to drive awareness and website traffic for products sold by large partner brands through local retailers to local customers using both onsite Amazon.com marketing channels and offsite paid marketing channels. They will work with business development, external brands and retailers, designers, and other internal stakeholders to develop, manage and optimize marketing programs and campaigns to drive website traffic, partner engagement, and sales. Keys to success are an ability to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities, execute an ongoing set of traffic initiatives, analyze the impacts of each marketing channel and program, and continually optimize results. We seek a results-driven performance marketer with a strong record of achieving high growth. The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguous situations, and has experience creating marketing programs from scratch. You will use data to rigorously assess marketing channel, and marketing program effectiveness. You think big, and you execute rapidly.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven and creative performance marketer experienced in onsite merchandising, SEM, Social advertising, email marketing, and delivering results through continual experimentation and optimization. They are passionate about measuring performance and ROI. They will have a demonstrated ability to be creative, to initiate and launch effective marketing programs, work across diverse functions, thrive in a fast-paced environment, support aggressive timelines, and pivot seamlessly across tactical and strategic requirements.
· Create, launch, measure and optimize marketing campaigns that drive product discovery and awareness, and acquisition, engagement, and retention for Local Customers.
· Manage the full lifecycle of product marketing initiatives for selling partners, defining the strategy and measurement.
· Aggregate and analyze inputs from multiple sources to formulate the product marketing strategy, measuring and evaluating how your initiatives generate product discovery, detail-page glance views, and sales.
· Develop and execute marketing experimentation roadmap, using both paid, free and onsite channels, rapidly iterating to optimize traffic and return on investment.
· Effectively communicate the marketing performance, opportunities, objectives, strategy, and milestones to senior leaders and key stakeholders.
· Bachelor's degree or four+ years equivalent relevant experience in digital performance marketing
· 7+ years of experience in business-to-business or consumer digital performance marketing including acquisition, content marketing, marketing communications and product marketing
· Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
· Proven track of record of building and optimizing multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business, partner, and technical teams to deliver results
· Analytical experience including converting raw data into actionable insights and recommendations
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Master’s degree Business, Marketing or a similar field
· Experience developing go-to-market strategies and launching new programs
· Basic SQL knowledge