Do you want to lead a team that builds new technology and science used by millions of people?
The Devices Engagement Personalization Science team is looking for an Applied Science leader who has a solid background in applied machine learning, a deep passion for building data-driven products, an ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and a proven track record of leading both applied and data scientists to execute complex projects and deliver high business impact.
Personalized recommendations are a key feature for all Amazon tablets and we make it easier for customers to find the content that interests them. Examples include:
Our onboarding videos and content suggestions are personalized for each customer.
We suggest a set of videos, books, and apps for our users that are tailored for their specific interests.
Our special offers and marketing campaigns are personalized.
In this role, you will:
· Lead a team of talented applied scientists and data scientists to deliver production level, customer facing ML solutions that empower our software to make the best set of suggestions.
· Work closely with product and technology leaders across the organization.
· Develop a science roadmap and collaborate with stakeholders.
· Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
· Hire and develop top talent and provide technical/career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
· Graduate degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related fields with a focus on machine learning algorithms
· 5+ years of experience managing a team of applied scientists
· 5+ years of experience in building large scale machine learning solutions at scale
· 5+ years of experience using Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Ph.D. with concentration in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistics or another highly quantitative field.
· Experience in building large-scale machine learning models and infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, search, etc.
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
· Experience in recommender systems and neural networks
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and a willingness to communicate complex solutions and results to all levels of the organization
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.