Are you excited by the disruptive potential of quantum technology? Do you want to help startups and enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of quantum computing (QC)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. One of our missions at AWS is to give customers access to the most innovative technology available and help them continuously reinvent their businesses.
Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries. To help our customers on this journey we are looking for a Principal Business Development professional to develop AWS’ go-to-market in collaboration with service and business stakeholders, and grow the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The Principal Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for Quantum Computing on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for Quantum Computing workloads. The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS Quantum Computing platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure for Quantum Computing and Quantum Computing related workloads. In particular, the BDM will drive the integration of go-to-market motions in Quantum Computing, High-Performance Computing (HPC), and Machine Learning (ML) across teams to let customers leverage the full breadth and depth of AWS’ services.
In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement on Quantum-Computing-based customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management. The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements around Quantum Computing, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The BDM will further collaborate with the quantum computing research and engineering teams to identify, build and execute strategic initiatives with academic and industry partners, to advance the AWS quantum computing ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and scientific background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the potential and challenges of Quantum Computing, different hardware platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to scientists, engineering teams, and C-Level executives of enterprise customers. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with classical state-of-the-art approaches to quantum computing target use cases using HPC and ML in the cloud. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses, has experience in market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS Quantum Computing offering;
· Defines, builds and deploys joint go-to-market motions across the organization that leverage the AWS Quantum Computing, HPC and ML offerings.
· Defines, builds and executes strategic initiatives with industry and academic partners in Quantum Computing.
· Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS Quantum Computing value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
· Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS Quantum Computing value proposition;
· Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
· Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
· Serves as an evangelist for AWS Quantum Computing within AWS, and externally;
· Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
· Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS Quantum Computing platform;
· Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS Quantum Computing platform, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
· 7+ years experience either in business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience; preferably cloud or hosted services.
· 5+ years of working in a High Performance Computing related industry role.
· Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
· MSc or Ph.D. in the physical or computational sciences
· 3+ year(s) of experience cloud or hosted services
· 2+ year(s) of experience in Machine Learning
· Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations;
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us