The Pan-EU Vendor Management program is rapidly expanding Amazon’s vendor relationships and dramatically increasing in-stock product selection. As “Earth’s most customer-centric company,” Amazon aims to offer the largest possible online selection, and Pan-EU Vendor Management is a business dedicated to this vision. The business team is an EU-wide cross category sales team 100% dedicated to identifying and recruiting vendors in the most automated and scalable way possible. The mission of the business team is to fully own the relationship with medium and small vendors across the EU and to equip vendor managers and vendors with tools and systems that help these vendors create selection faster for the retail platform and overall improving vendor experience with technology. In addition, it also facilitates analysis, reporting and planning of the whole Amazon product selection across Europe, working with numerous retail teams.
Amazon seeks a Senior Finance Analyst to support Vendor Negotiations within Pan EU Vendor Management business in Europe, and the role can be based out of Madrid, Milan, Munich, London or Luxembourg.
As a Senior Finance Analyst you you will help define the business strategy for vendor negotiations (AVN/AON) and you will own finance activities such as month end and planning processes, drive reporting enhancements and automation. In this role you will interact with senior finance and business leaders across Europe and you will be the finance partner to business owners. This is a role with high exposure to senior management across Amazon EU businesses and requires structured thinking and strong communication skills.
- Develop and own the financial planning process including suggesting new ways to better measure the businesses
- Build tools and systems to support EU scope ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions
- Automate reporting including working with global tech teams to develop automated best in class reporting
- Collaborate with Pan-EU business teams on reporting, analysis and projects to increase transparency and build trust.
- Implement projects to drive business profitability while balancing the need to invest in future growth
- Setting up financial audit processes to monitor and minimize business risk and improve controllership.
· Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Analytical mindset: Ability to derive and use fact based analysis to make decisions and have strong technical and problem solving skills
· Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally working in a fast paced environment
· Dealing with ambiguity: Comfort with dealing with ambiguity and working autonomously
· Excel skills: Advanced excel skills
· SQL skills
· Deadline driven, team player, with strong customer focus
• Experience with Data Warehouse and COGNOS is a plus
• The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
• A successful track record of continuously driving simplification in processes and improving tools