Corporate Projects is a team that sits within the broader Corporate Development organization at Amazon. We seek to bring net-new, strategic projects to life by working together with customers and evolving projects from ZERO-to-ONE. To do so, we deploy our resources towards proofs-of-concept (POCs) and pilot programs and develop them from high-level ideas (the ZERO) to tangible short-term results that provide validating signal and a path to scale (the ONE). We work with our customers to develop and create net-new opportunities by relentlessly canvasing all of Amazon and finding new and innovative ways to strengthen and/or accelerate the Amazon Flywheel.
This is the first time that the broader Corporate Development organization is building a centralized tech team with an Amazon-wide mandate. This team will work on strategic projects with material technical ambiguity and risk. We will work across multiple business and functional domains, and we will be at the cutting-edge of business and technical innovation.
We seek a Data Engineer to serve as the data technologies leader for our team. You know how to design and setup the right architecture to support various data use cases, including business reporting, production data pipeline, machine learning, data modeling, statistical models, and experimentation. You will work with other engineers, project leads, and SMEs around the company to create net-new technical solutions. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day Corporate Projects decision making which can lead to billion dollar opportunities for Amazon.
You are a proven technical leader within your org, identifying problems before others even see symptoms. You are efficient in applying your tradecraft and use the time saved to anticipate next steps and guide/mentor others on your team. Your desire to learn and grow is unbounded. You have built a strong network of technical and business colleagues that span VP and possibly SVP orgs. You seek exposure to a diverse set of technical problems and can work among an equally diverse team of Amazonians to solve them.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for serverless ETL)
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Mindset and analytical skills to towards continuous improvement and have an edge to always research on latest technologies
· Passion for building great notification experiences which directly impacts our customers
· Masters or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.