AWS Elemental is the world-leader in video processing products. We are looking for an experienced Product Management professional to manage our live video transcoding product offerings. By joining Elemental, you will be a part of supplying the best and most consistent high performance for the broadest set of feature-rich applications. You will be at the forefront of delivering customer applications and content securely anywhere in the world
As a Senior Product Manager - Technical for External Services (PMT-ES) you will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of a technology service product (SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS) used by external engineers and/or IT professionals. You will plan, execute and deliver an externally facing service, having a significant impact on the performance of your customers’ technologies. You are passionate about solving customer problems, and have demonstrated success as the “voice of the customer.” With AWS Network Services, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on your customers
What you’ll do:
· Work with customers, engineering teams, external partners, and the AWS Elemental management team to set product development priorities
· Define new features and functionality in the AWS product offerings using the successful Amazon “working backwards” process
· Listen to customers and potential customers to deeply understand their needs of the software
· Create a vision and roadmap for the evolution of live transcoding at AWS Elemental.
· Define critical software features in AWS Elemental software
· Author documents that shape our strategic investments
· Present new product information directly to customers, either in-person, or through digital delivery.
· Develop your understand of the world of video compression and video delivery, to better support our customers
· Evaluate AWS Elemental offerings against competitive offerings, in order to provide customers the most value possible
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent professional work experience in technical roles
· 10+ years of professional work experience
· 5+ years in a technical product management role
· 3+ years of product management experience delivering large-scale SaaS, PaaS or IaaS products where you are responsible for the full product lifecycle, from concept through GTM. This includes collaborating with Sales, Business Development, Engineering and Solutions Architects internally and externally to ensure product success.
· MBA Degree
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Experience in the video processing and compression market
· Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing software products
· Experience managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities
· Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
· Proven track record of developing user stories or product requirement documents (PRDs)
· Experience with software development methodologies
· Experience working with cross-functional teams, including contractors and third party vendors.
· Business mindset with strong technical skills. Some software development background preferred
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.