Do you want to help lead the cloud revolution and build software that thrives at immense scale?
AWS Elastic Load Balancing enables customers to build large scale highly available services. ELB automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. ELB provides the entry point for building hyper scale, fault tolerant applications. While ELB has seen tremendous growth since launch we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer for the ELB Fleet Update Experience (FLUX) team, you will join a new team of deeply technical engineers relentless in their mission to design and build systems to rapidly and safely deploy changes to a massive fleet of load balancers. You are customer obsessed and thrive in the world of deployment at scale. In this role, you will provide technical leadership, solve complex software problems, and make impactful trade-offs between short-term and long-term results. You’ll think in terms of architecture, not just code, and will help elevate our ability to deploy and operate high availability systems worldwide.
A successful candidate is comfortable in a leadership role and seeks to mentor and grow less experienced engineers on the team. You understand customer obsession and live and breathe operational excellence. You know when to partner with and influence other teams to deliver results.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Prefer 10-13 years experience
· Experience building large scale distributed services
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.