Imagine a workplace where all employees are fully included. Where everyone, including people with disabilities, can effortlessly use the world’s best builder tools to obsess on behalf of our customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The Internal Accessibility team is hiring a senior program manager to lead accessibility enhancements across key employee journeys and experiences. The vision of the Internal Accessibility team is to ensure every person who works at Amazon, or who wants to, can use the technology needed to apply, onboard, perform, and grow their career without added effort or friction due to accessibility. The team evangelizes accessibility to internal product teams, sets guidelines for internal accessibility and provides resources and support to meet those guidelines, prioritizes products for accessibility reviews and enhancements, identifies defects and systemic pain points and partners with product teams to make improvements. We have the opportunity to redefine how work gets done, to innovate on behalf of employees with disabilities, and to be the model for other employers; to have a direct and profound impact on disability employment globally.
As a senior program manager on the Internal Accessibility team you will work with global teams to develop and implement strategies to improve accessibility across the employee lifecycle. You will dive deep to understand the customer (candidates and employees) journey, identify accessibility gaps and opportunities for innovation, and influencing stakeholders to solve and implement changes.
As the Program Manager you will:
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to accessibility and disability inclusion.
· Create employee journey maps, gap assessments, and improvement recommendations.
· Define success metrics and validate the impact of solutions.
· Manage multiple programs, partnering with stakeholders in HR and in the business.
· Support on-going efforts to enhance our capabilities through training, development, playbooks, and program improvements.
· Present to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
· Have a strong bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience managing teams
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Well-rounded experience implementing accessibility/disability inclusion programs and innovating on behalf of (and with) people with disabilities.
· Proven ability to establish and manage transformation programs with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $128,915/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.