Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
Are you passionate about Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Big Data Systems? Does building new state-of-the-art measurement products at petabyte scale get you fired up? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest analytics and data science ecosystems at Amazon. Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data and applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers optimize their advertising spend. Our campaign measurement and reporting systems apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day (over 50B new events per day).
You'll be one of the scientists tackling some of the hardest problems in advertising; measuring ads incrementality, providing estimated counterfactuals and predicting the success of advertising strategies. You and your team will develop state of the art causal learning, deep learning, and predictive techniques to help marketers understand and optimize their spend.
Some things you'll do in this role:
· Work closely with other scientists and engineers to analyze our data to develop the best technical design and approach.
· Be a hands-on technical leader, developing applications to solve hard problems
· Deliver with independence on challenging large scale problems with ambiguity
· Write cogent summaries of your work, accessible to other science and business leaders
Impact and Career Growth:.
· Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
· Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
· This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
Why you love this opportunity:
· Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
· Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
· We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· We are open to hiring in the following cities: Seattle, Chicago, Santa Monica, Arlington, New York City, Austin, Boulder, and Denver.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· PhD in economics or related field
· 5+ years of relevant, broad research science experience after PhD degree
· Advanced coding ability in a scripting language such as Python, Scala, or R
· Experience in measurement problems, A/B testing and functional areas such as causal learning, bandit learning, or deep learning
· Experience in data applications using large scale distributed systems (e.g. EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.