Do you want to create the greatest possible worldwide impact in Robotics? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotics challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale.
At Robotics AI, our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers at Amazon scale. We are developing AI solutions that enable robots to learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from people to build AI that feeds itself.
If you are an innovative Applied Scientist, have a track record of delivering to timelines with high quality and are deeply technical, we want to talk to you. We are seeking Applied Scientist to join our team in Boston.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong background in optimisation, simulation and machine learning. You will apply your expertise to problems in optimisation of movement for mobile robot fleets and/or optimisation of motion for manipulation.
You will have an outstanding track record for your career stage in researching, developing and implementing algorithms within your area of expertise. This might be in one or more of: machine learning, control, or motion optimisation. You may have an understanding of some of: optimal control, trajectory optimization, model-predictive control, compliant control, statistical machine learning and/or reinforcement learning. You may have hands on experience in Robotics and you will be passionate about using your expertise to invent new Robotics technology and to deploy it at scale. You will work with other world-leading scientists to build and deliver the world's most scalable robotics systems, working together from ideation-to-production.
A successful candidate will have excellent technical ability, scientific vision, project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent software skills, with the capability to turn research concepts into well engineered code that operates on real hardware systems with processing constraints.
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Optimization, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· 1+ years of industry research experience in one or more of mobility robotics, movement optimization, control compliance, Machine Learning, manipulation optimization.
· Extensive algorithm development experience.
· 1+ years of hands-on experience in software development using either Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages and/or Machine learning.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· PhD and 2+ years of industry research experience in one or more of mobility robotics, movement optimization, control compliance, Machine Learning, manipulation optimization.
· 2+ years of industrial experience in software development.
· Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems.
· Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
· Experience in robotics or autonomous vehicles and strong industry background.
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and how they can be applied to scientific research.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age