The AWS Center for Quantum Computing is a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers, and technicians, all working to innovate in quantum computing for the benefit of our customers. We are looking to hire a Quantum Research Scientist to design and model novel superconducting quantum devices, including qubits and their readout and control schemes. Candidates with a track record of original scientific contributions will be preferred. We are looking for candidates with strong engineering principles, resourcefulness, and a bias for action. Organization and communication skills are essential.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including for example meditation, running group meet-ups, and other wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's science mentorship programs.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· PhD in physics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent degree in a similar field
· Knowledge of quantum mechanics, with expertise in at least one of the following topics: superconducting qubits, hybrid quantum acoustic devices, cavity/circuit QED, quantum optics, open quantum systems, superconductivity (phenomenology or microscopic theory)
· Experience with microwave and/or multiphysics modeling software (one or more of COMSOL, Sonnet, Microwave Office, ANSYS, Keysight ADS, Cadence AWR, etc.)
· Proficient in a scientific programming environment (one or more of Julia, Python, Mathematica, MATLAB)
· Effective working in a team environment with other engineers, scientists and technicians who have a wide range of technical skill levels
· Comfortable working in a diverse group with a geographically distributed team and contributing to an inclusive culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.