At Robotics AI, our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers at Amazon scale. We are developing AI solutions that enable robots to understand their environment, learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from people to build AI that feeds itself. Amazon has a treasure trove of the most exciting robotics and computer vision problems in the world. Come and join us and help to make robotics history!
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
We hire and develop scientists with a focus on computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, control and planning. You will join the European center for Robotics AI, which is based in Berlin, Germany. You will be closely collaborating with scientists across all these disciplines. We also leverage expertise in software development, systems engineering, operations, program management, and collaborate with partners in WW Operations and other teams to succeed at our mission. We are expanding to meet the huge application demand at Amazon.
About those internships/working student roles:
If you are excited to push the state of the art and to solve some of the most challenging real-world problems and if you would like to live in one of the world’s most exciting cities, then we have the perfect role for you. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in computer vision and robotics to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Robotics AI at Amazon and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Robotics AI at Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated student to join the Berlin team for an Internship. We are particularly excited to receive applications from candidates with interest in an area close to some of the following: object recognition (instance and categorical), 3D surface modeling and reconstruction, 3D pose estimation, multi-view stereo, structure from motion, object tracking, 2D/3D deformable modelling, segmentation (both semantic and instance based) or deep learning approaches to robot manipulation. The ideal candidate has at least several of the following:
· ability to research, design, implement and evaluate novel scientific solutions,
· exceptional coding skills,
· enjoys problem solving, and
· can handle multiple parallel tasks.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to the test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improving our robotics operations. Amazon’s goal is to be the most customer-centric company in the world. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and goal-driven people. If you’re excited to be part of the world’s largest automation systems, this is your chance to make history.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a PhD in which robotics, computer vision, robot vision or a related discipline is the primary focus of your program.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· You must have the right to work in Germany.
· Proficiency in two or more programming languages such as Python and C/C++.
· Classroom and/or project experience in programming, firmware, and/or system level design.
· Hands-on experience in computer vision, machine learning and deep learning.
· Commitment to rigorous testing practices.
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You should have strong decision-making skills that use sound reasoning and, when required, use consultation to achieve consensus.
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Solid understanding and broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in relevant areas of computer vision, machine learning, robotics, artificial intelligence, deep learning.
· A track record of publications at major conferences (e.g., CVPR, ICCV/ECCV, RSS, NeurIPS, ICRA, IROS, CoRL) and journals (e.g., IEEE T-PAMI, IJCV, CVIU, IJRR, IEEE TRO, JMLR).
· Experience with Cloud Computing and Services such as AWS.
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
· Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams.
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s a highly relevant experience even better.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.