Software Developer/DevOps (Python,Networking,AWS) - AMAZON ROBOTICS - Westboro or N.Reading,MA
Software/DevOps Engineer - Amazon Robotics - Westborough or North Reading, MA locations..
This position involves substantial coding in a variety of languages, predominantly Python (approximately 70% coding daily). Other technologies utilized in this role include: networking (TCP/IP), AWS, RedHat and Ubuntu Linux, and scripting (any of: bash, perl, shell, C).
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If so, you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges at the scale of Amazon. We are Amazon Robotics, an engineering focused organization, and we are committed to giving you the tools and support you need to invent with us.
Amazon Robotics is looking for a Software/DevOps Engineer with development skills, and familiarity with Python, to join our Product IT team. This dynamic team is responsible for developing tools to automate the deployment, management, and monitoring of infrastructure and devices such as PCs, robots, and PLC’s for Amazon’s robotic fulfillment center solutions. This team is also responsible for building tier-1 software services in the AWS cloud to help our fleet scale, improve maintainability, minimize downtime and ensure security. The engineer in this position will take a lead role in building these highly scalable and highly available solutions that help empower Amazon Facilities to fulfill millions of customer orders per day all over the world!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• 5+ years of object oriented programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java, or another high-level programming language
• Experience with full stack development in a Linux environment
• Experience with the automation and management of IT infrastructure
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills
• Results-oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Understanding of, and experience using, RESTful APIs
• Experience with AWS services such as SQS, S3, API gateway and SNS
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Solid systems and network troubleshooting experience
• Understanding of SQL and/or NoSQL databases
Tags: DevOps, Systems Developer, SysDev, DevOps, Linux, TCP/IP, RedHat, Ubuntu, Python, scripting, bash, perl, shell, C, AWS, Amazon Web Services, networking