Amazon seeks a results-oriented Data Scientist to deliver world-class forecasts for our Kids+ subscription product.
Kids+ brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, Audible books, educational apps, and videos. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: https://www.amazon.com/kidsplus
A qualified candidate will have demonstrable experience with top-down and bottoms-up forecasts. They will be able to choose from among a number of forecasting approaches, depending on the needs of the business for either a prediction- or explanation-optimized forecast, and they will be able to explain trade-offs in their modeling choices to business stakeholders. Iterative delivery in a production environment is a must, so a qualified candidate will have a track record of delivering forecast improvements on an established timeline.
Experience working in a subscription content or other recurring revenue businesses is highly desirable.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with 5 years of working experience as a Data Scientist
· Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R, etc.
· Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 3 years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
· Experienced in writing technical papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.