Location: Graz, Austria
Duration: 3-6 months
We are working on the future. If you are seeking an innovative, fast-paced environment where you can apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity: Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We are looking for an outstanding computer vision / machine learning applied scientist who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch applied scientists. We are looking for someone who innovates and loves solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
About those internship roles:
Are you inspired by innovation? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If your answer is yes then you’ll fit right in here. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in autonomous drone delivery and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Prime Air and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Prime Air at Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated student to join the Prime Air team for an Internship assignment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior engineering staff on existing and new modules and systems. The ideal candidate has solid coding skills, enjoys problem solving and has at least one of the following: strong computer vision skills, strong machine-learning skills, or, strong computer graphics skills.
Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As an Applied Scientist intern, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our product. Regardless of the team you join, your work will directly impact our customers. You will:
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions.
· Push the state-of-the-art in computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics for large-scale real world problems.
· Summarize and present your contributions in a white paper or peer reviewed scientific publication.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· You must have the right to work in Austria.
· Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Robotics, Machine Learning, or a related field.
· Experience in Python, C++, or comparable languages.
· Experience with state-of-the-art computer vision / machine learning techniques, or, computer graphics and rendering for computer vision applications.
· You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
· You should have strong decision-making skills that use sound reasoning and, when required, use consultation to achieve consensus.
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Experience in publishing at major vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, BMVC, ACCV, …) or journals (IJCV, T-PAMI, CVIU)
· Experience building/integrating complex software/hardware mission-critical systems
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis.
· The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.