The Organizational Research and Measurement (ORM) Team within World Wide Consumer guides the talent strategy for Amazon’s largest workforce comprised of over one million Amazon global employees across order fulfillment, transportation, corporate, consumer, and customer service organizations. We are an interdisciplinary team that combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver data products and solutions across the employee lifecycle including onboarding; high-potential identification; talent development; engagement; movement; retention; and attrition.
We are looking for an applied scientist who is able to engineer end-to-end solutions for complex science and business problems around the future of talent evaluation, development, and management at Amazon. You will work closely with I/O psychologists, economists, engineers, and business partners to estimate and validate models on large scale data, and turn the results of these analyses into products, policies, programs, and actions that have a major impact on Amazon’s business. We are looking for creative thinkers who can combine strong data science, software engineering, UX and product development skillsets with a desire to innovate, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
· Develop of start-to-finish data product solutions from requirements gathering and ideation, through interface design and implementation.
· Design data infrastructure and pipelines for machine learning and analytics products.
· Obtain, merge, analyze, and report data using SQL, statistics software, and data visualization tools.
· Apply various statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze large and complex data sets.
· Communicate applied machine learning and statistic concepts to project sponsors, business leaders, and development teams across Amazon.
· Understand business customer needs, iterate on feedback, and drive adoption
· PhD/M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, or a related quantitative field.
· At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing and applying models in a production environment.
· Strong software design, coding, and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar).
· Proficiency in R and SQL.
· Proficiency in statistical methods and data analysis.
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
· A passion for continuous learning and self-development.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with fast prototyping
· Familiarity with AWS services (S3, Redshift, Sagemaker, Glue)
· Full-stack web development experience
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.