The Organizational Research and Measurement team conducts research supporting all Amazon corporate employees. Our goal is to build talent systems to enable employees to thrive at Amazon. We focus on the entire employee life-cycle to improve both business and employee outcomes. This entails doing longitudinal survey research, organizational network analysis, experimental and quasi-experimental studies for causal inference, building services that plug-in to other tools, and providing general consultation to stakeholders. We aim to improve the outcomes of our business and employees by doing cutting edge social science research.
In this Data Scientist role, you will do causal data science, build predictive models, conduct simulations, create visualizations, and influence data science practice.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Proficient in causal modeling (e.g., graphical models, causal Bayesian network, potential outcomes, A/B testing, experiments) and data science workflows (e.g., regularized regression, random forest, LightGBM); obtained from previous work experience or through a Master’s degree or higher (e.g., Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related analytical disciplines).
· 2+ years experience conducting end-to-end causal data science (using causal framework to build prediction systems) in a complex applied setting.
· Advanced level of proficiency in SQL and in one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
· Experience with AWS Machine Learning workflows (e.g., SageMaker).
· Experience with hosting production quality code in AWS infrastructure.
· Experience with applying data science in HR, Marketing, Advertising, or the social and behavioral sciences.
· Front-end development experience, creating prototypes, and interactive visualization.
· Experience with multi-armed bandits, Lifetime Value, Self-learning systems, optimization techniques and algorithms, and computational social science.
· Experience consulting with senior management and executives in a fast-paced environment.