Come join a creative team dedicated to keeping millions of customers’ data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
AWS Cryptography designs, analyzes, and engineers cryptographic solutions for all of AWS. In addition to classical cryptographic research and engineering we are developing quantum-safe cryptographic systems and new cryptographic computing models.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Technical Program Manager with an interest in taking the latest cryptographic research into practical implementations that helps customers secure their data in AWS. You should be someone who wants to help build the most secure services in AWS.
As a key member of the team, you will have the unique opportunity to influence and shape the strategy for the next generation of our security platform and tools. You will also have complete end-to-end technical responsibility for one or more components - from defining the product roadmap to initiating, defining and executing the projects necessary to make the roadmap a reality. This is a highly visible role - offering the opportunity to interact at all levels of the division and the company - that is ideal for someone who wants to have a big impact on this fast-growing, cutting-edge, business.
· Work with AWS leaders and customers to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications using the latest advancements in cryptography. Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches; lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. Balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Work with AWS engineering managers to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
· Work with the product managers to launch projects and provide ongoing technical support as appropriate. Evangelize within and outside Amazon to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of the services; be the primary conduit for gathering requirements for future enhancements; develop demos, sample and technical collateral as required. #AWSCrypto
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· A thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
· A basic understanding of encryption and cryptographic concepts
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
· 3-5 years experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
4+ years experience working on a software development team (as a developer, dev manager, QA engineer, or TPM) managing projects and writing technical specifications
· Post graduate degree in Mathematics or Computer Science field
· Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects and writing public technical specifications
· Knowledge and experience applying cryptographic concepts to Internet security products or services
· Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
· Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment
· Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.