At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Sustainability team capitalises on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our social and environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable. The Sustainability program drives customer trust and business continuity by ensuring respect for the rights of workers throughout Amazon’s supply chain and operations. We uphold company standards and expectations and seek to constantly improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
To support our work on sustainability, we are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to join our Product Sustainability team, with a focus on fashion. The role joins the team at an exciting moment for our work on this area, and we are looking for someone who can devise and support our future strategy on sustainable fashion products, and lead in setting and managing our external relationships in this area. The Sustainability Program Manager will be expected to handle both day-to-day matters (constantly thinking about how to invent and simplify to improve), but will also be expected to strategize on longer term, program-wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate is:
· Enthusiastic and passionate about product sustainability, especially as it relates to fashion
· Strong technical knowledge around the key sustainability issues related to apparel and other textile products
· Knowledgeable about external groups and partners in the fashion sustainability space
· A customer obsessed problem solver who keeps the customer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
· Someone with a keen ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business teams
· Equally proficient in Word writing documents as in Excel performing in-depth analysis
· Comfortable presenting executive level reports and analysis
· Interested in sustainability beyond traditional CSR programs
· A self-starter who over-indexes on ownership and accountability
· Energised by opportunities to work on a global team
· Develop policies, standards and work with business stakeholders to implement
· Depending on the project, either own or support implementation
· Develop engaging external communications
· Create and manage our approach to engaging witha external groups and partners
· Identify/research innovation opportunities and write proposals/white papers
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience and proficiency in project/programme management.
· 8-10 years of experience in Product Sustainability preferably in Fashion
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Master’s or other advanced degree preferred