Are you intrigued or passionate about Machine Learning (ML) and ready to build a new customer-centric product? The Amazon SageMaker team is looking for talented Front-End Engineer Interns to help us build the next generation of ML tools.
With SageMaker, developers and data scientists have the ability to build, train, and deploy machine learning models quickly. As a fully-managed cloud service, SageMaker covers the entire data science workflow from data preparation and exploratory data analysis to model building and inference; our charter is to make data science and machine learning understandable, affordable, scalable, and accessible to everyone. The foundation of the SageMaker user experience is the industry standard, open-source Jupyter Notebook.
As a Front-End Engineer Intern on the SageMaker team, you'll be responsible for driving key deliverables within a new team building out interactive ML applications.
· Work closely with UX designers and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences
· Work closely with other engineers to architect and develop the best technical design
· Develop/maintain operational rigor for the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service
· Own and deliver key features within a new interactive ML application
· Collaborate with other SageMaker SDEs for features that cut across SageMaker
· Engage with customers and other AWS partners
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers and scientists.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field for the entire duration of this summer 2021 internship
· Familiarity with open-source technologies
· Attuned design sense and ability to collaborate with UX designers
· Comfortable communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics
· Understanding of Machine Learning processes
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. NOTE: Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.