Amazon India is seeking a Global Category Manager (GCM) for the Corporate Procurement team. The role will be based out of Hyderabad or Bangalore.
Global Category Managers are expert practitioners in creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. They routinely influence C-level vendor relationships by advising senior Amazon leaders across multiple stakeholder groups on the direction of sourcing projects in support of business unit and corporate goals.
Spend categories under management include: Professional Services, Telecom, IT, Corp Affairs etc.
Primary responsibilities of this role:
· Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
· Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
· Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
· Working with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
· Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon’s global policies.
· Developing, implementing and managing robust market analyses / bench-marking processes; leveraging key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
Key leadership traits required include the ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for Amazon. This must be accomplished in accordance with Amazon’s Corporate Procurement, and Spending & Transaction Policy. This is an individual contributor role that must also coordinate with Corporate Procurement Category Sourcing Managers in other regions across Amazon to create and leverage sourcing strategies, savings and contract consistency, globally.
1) Bachelor’s degree (BE/BS/BA) required
2) 7+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience, to include at minimum, 4 years in an indirect procurement function at a multinational corporation
3) In-depth experience in best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
4) Fluency in English
1) Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred.
2) Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
3) Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms.
4) Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and in country laws and regulations
5) Strong experience assessing risk and concisely explaining complex issues to principal business owners.
6) Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business.
7) Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization.
8) Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
9) Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
10) Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
11) Passionate self-starter with the highest integrity and ethics.