Our Shopping UX team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to make it easier for books, comics and manga customers to find and purchase their next great read. This team is part of the Books Design Studio, a team made up of designers, researchers, producers, and design technologists from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We're passionate about reading are continually raising the bar on the customer experience across Kindle devices, phone and tablet apps, discovery and purchase experiences, and tools for authors and publishers. This Sr Designer will start as a remote position, but will eventually be located in our downtown Seattle, WA; with easy access to public transit and parking.
As a Senior UX Designer on the Shopping UX team, you will have significant impact on Amazon’s book discovery experience, partnering with other Amazon teams to bring end-to-end experiences to customers across the service. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. A successful candidate will be able to explore and translate complex interactions into simple, engaging solutions and be able to communicate those solutions verbally as well as through sketches, user flows, wireframes, hi-fi mocks and functional prototypes. Candidates must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative environment without supervision. This role is best suited for system-thinking, detail oriented designer who wants to build and ship on a global scale.
· Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web, mobile web and app interfaces.
· Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or use stories.
· Quickly and thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
· Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications.
· Be a champion for user testing, and comfortable planning and conducting some user research on your own, with consultation by Senior UX Researchers.
· Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards at Amazon.
· Partner with strategic product management teams and highly technical development teams to support product launches.
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 7+ years of industry experience in UX design or related discipline.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
· High proficiency in design and prototype tools (Sketch, XD, InVision, Keynote, After Effects, etc.) and command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.) required for their specific role.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
· A passion for literature.
· Experience building and maintaining design systems.
· Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
· Experience designing for e-commerce and engagement.
· Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography.
· Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
· This position is intended for Seattle, WA, however, we will not require relocation until after Amazon returns back to the office.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.