The YETI team harnesses financial analytics, science, and technology to crack Consumer Finance’s toughest challenges and power smart decision-making throughout the organization. We are data leaders who deliver today’s actionable financial analyses and tomorrow’s durable frameworks and software.
We are looking for the next outstanding data scientist to join our interdisciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, economists, and engineers. We prize creative problem solvers with the ability to draw on an expansive methodological toolkit to transform financial decision-making with science. Our problems include anomaly and trend-break detection, algorithmically identifying growth drivers, financial forecasting at Amazon scale, and more.
The ideal candidate combines data-science acumen with strong business judgment. You have versatile modeling skills and are comfortable owning and extracting insights from data. You are excited to learn from and alongside seasoned analysts, scientists, engineers, and business leaders. You are an excellent communicator and effectively translate technical findings into business action.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· PhD-level training in computer science, statistics, or highly quantitative field OR an MS with 2+ years experience on a data, research, or applied science team OR equivalent applied research experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
· Expertise in applying supervised and unsupervised algorithms to large-scale data
· Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing
· Able to operate autonomously in scoping, executing, and delivering projects
· Undergraduate-level knowledge of investments, corporate finance, and accounting
· Excitement to shape a growing team and state-of-the-art technology for Amazon Consumer Finance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.