Principal Risk Manager, Air Drug & Alcohol Program (Level 7)
Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered quickly, safely, and as compliantly as possible. Amazon’s Transportation Risk and Compliance Team (TRC) protects Amazon’s various transportation businesses by implementing scalable risk management solutions that foster continued business growth. These systems, invisible to the customer, aim to work seamlessly across the network to ensure safe and compliant transportation execution.
TRC is looking for an experienced Principal Risk Manager, Air Drug & Alcohol Program to develop Amazon’s transportation risk management, governance strategy and policy lifecycle management for the Amazon Air Drug & Alcohol (D&A) program. This person will lead the effort assessing the Air D&A program for potential compliance risks, creating policies to remediate, and maintaining those throughout the business lifecycle. This leader will work with Amazon Air business leaders to proactively identify compliance regulatory business opportunities and risks and propose innovative approaches and risk mitigation strategies for solving them.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Ensuring Drug & Alcohol Testing compliance awareness, adherence and policy positions of Amazon’s business models internally, within industry associations, and to other relevant external policy stakeholders.
· Partner with Legal, Public Policy, Public Relations and business teams to identify regulatory, compliance, or other risks, interprets the DOT (Department of Transportation) Drug & Alcohol regulations covering the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) to ensure on-going compliance. Responsible for comprehensive knowledge of regulations, such as 49 CFR part 40 and 14 CFR part 120.
· Serves as Designated Employee Representative (DER) and provides guidance in accordance with DOT (FAA) regulations and Amazon’s D&A policies.
· Serve as the key point of contact for the FAA’s Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance.
· Working collaboratively and transparently with senior business leadership, and the legal, public relations, and public policy teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and transportation compliance priorities.
· Develop and lead the end-to-end risk management program from risk identification to executive reporting, including guiding senior leadership on balancing risk management concerns and mitigations with business roadmaps.
· Anticipating challenges/obstacles our transportation business could face as the global business and regulatory landscape evolves.
· Communicating project issues and statuses in a concise, accurate, and professional manner to business partners and executives.
· Bachelor's degree in business, policy, risk management or related field
· 10+ years of risk management, regulatory engagement, or similar discipline experience including engaging with external stakeholders
· Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver specific results.
· Comprehensive knowledge of regulations, such as 49 CFR part 40 and 14 CFR part 120.
· Proficiency in testing procedures, testing documentation and security of testing files is required
· Exceptional ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment / decision-making skills, and be capable of intelligently building a course of action, analyzing trade-offs, and making recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to understand complex business processes and technologies.
· Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability problem solve, make decisions in complex situations and drive issues to completion.
· Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact at all corporate and political levels. Ability to create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
· Ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
· Graduate Degree preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working on issues impacting the technology industry, such as competition, privacy, consumer protection, tax, copyright, trade, labor, transportation and infrastructure, product compliance, sustainability.
· 8+ years team leadership experience
· 5+ years’ experience working as a USDOT Certified Drug & Alcohol Testing Professional
· 2+ years’ experience as a Designated Employee Representative (DER) in a corporate environment.
· Experience with audit or risk program design, control environment process documentation and control mapping.
· Experience managing external agencies
· Experience managing budgets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.