Our team is passionate about Brands who sell on Amazon - we help them grow their businesses, build their story, and serve their customers. How do we do this? Data! Help us serve this valuable data to our Brands in digestible ways so they can run their businesses more effectively.
Amazon Science gives you insight into the company’s approach to customer-obsessed scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It’s the company’s ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information.
We are looking for a customer obsessed Data Scientist who can apply the latest research, state of the art algorithms and machine learning to build highly scalable systems in the e-commerce domain. As a member of our team you will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large data-sets and cloud services to drive the growth of Brand owners on Amazon. Working closely with best-in-class engineers you will have the opportunity to apply a variety of machine learning algorithms, including deep learning, and work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long term evolution of our science and recommendation roadmap.
· MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Economics, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field.
· + 5 years experience or BS + 7 years experience.
· Demonstrated experience and success in leading large-scale projects.
· Track record of developing and implementing models and visualizations using programming and scripting (Scala, Python, R, Ruby, and/or Matlab).
· Experience with statistical analysis, various forecasting, optimization and statistical tools and communicating results, plans and/or risks clearly.
· Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL).
· Develop pragmatic analyses and choose applicable solutions that add value to the business area.
· Use advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to solve business problems.
· Communicate analyses and techniques, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business partners.
· Experience applying statistical methods to observational data.
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services is a plus.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders.
· Experience using cloud-based services and big data technologies to support data processing pipelines such as AWS Redshift, EMR, Sagemaker, and Spark.
· Self-starter with flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations with a history of delivering results.
· Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity to craft analytical approaches to solving problems.
· Intellectual curiosity to continually challenge the status quo to best support evolving customer and business needs.