External job description:
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing (CQC) in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Buyer with experience in fast paced research and development procurement who will aid in AWS’s effort to bring cloud quantum computing services to its worldwide customer base. This role requires an individual who can balance working and communicating with multiple stakeholders including internal teams such as finance, import / export teams and legal.
On this team you will wear many hats, work smart, and iterate quickly. We’re looking for someone who can define a vision for a technical and business opportunity and then execute on that vision. Successful applicants will have a strong background in the procurement of heavy machinery, lab supplies, testing equipment, capital assets, chemicals as well as scientific equipment and vacuum systems. Your responsibilities will include RFPs / RFIs, contract negotiations, purchase order creations, BPO and other expenses, NDAs and working with import and export teams. You will be working closely with development and engineering teams inside and outside Amazon to get these programs developed.
Successful applicants will have experience defining problems, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating with a large number of stakeholders, including written and oral communications with senior executives.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. To that end, we have established an internal wellness program that offers, e.g., meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and other wellness tips. Further, the work/life integration within our team encourages a culture where employees work hard and also have ownership over their downtime.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of CQC, and that includes our supply chain team. You will receive management and mentorship from within the team that is geared toward career growth, and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. Working closely with quantum research scientists will provide opportunities to learn about quantum computing.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
The AWS CQC is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds in order to build a world class team. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With Quantum being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
· Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience in procurement, operations management or shared services environment
· Experience with procurement systems and financial applications
· Experience with metrics creation and data presentation
· Experience of improving processes and improving scalability
· Hands-on experience of running process, technology or operations improvement projects or initiatives
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, alongside willingness to learn proprietary systems
· Bias for action: Evaluates, acts, and communicates in internet time. Decisive. Makes timely, practical, effective decisions. Takes initiative without being asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis
· Persuasive: Demonstrates healthy and productive influencing ability. Gains the respect and confidence of others. Builds constructive and effective relationships
· Possesses the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills
· Significant previous experience in procurement/shared services center or BPO/program management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age