Do you want to create the greatest-possible worldwide impact in Robotics? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotics challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon builds high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn, and act intelligently alongside humans—at Amazon scale. The Robotics AI team invents and scales AI systems for robotics in fulfillment. Our mission is to enable robots to interact safely, efficiently, and fluently with the clutter and uncertainty of real-world fulfillment centers. Our AI solutions enable robots to learn from their own experiences, from each other, and from humans to build intelligence that feeds itself.
We hire and develop subject matter experts in AI with a focus on computer vision, deep learning, intelligent control, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning. We target high-impact algorithmic unlocks in areas such as scene and activity understanding, simultaneous localization and mapping, closed-loop control, robotic grasping and manipulation—all of which have high-value impact for our current and future fulfillment networks.
We are seeking hands-on, seasoned Senior Applied Scientists who will be deep in code and algorithms; who are technically strong in building scalable ML frameworks for online/offline learning, state-estimation, prediction systems, and continuous model optimization. As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will contribute to the research and development of advanced robotic systems; your work along with other top-notch scientists and engineers will deliver the world's most scalable and robust robotic systems. You will drive ideas to products using tools such as deep learning, active learning, reinforcement learning (model-based, policy-based, value-based), and computer vision (instance and semantic segmentation, pose estimation, activity understanding).
As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will also help guide and mentor our team of applied scientists and engineers. You will take on challenging customer problems, distill customer requirements, and then deliver solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research or utilize your own out-of-the-box but pragmatic thinking. In addition to coming up with novel solutions and prototypes, you will directly contribute to implementation while you lead. A successful candidate has excellent technical depth, scientific vision, project management skills, great communication skills, and a drive to achieve results in a collaborative team environment.
You should enjoy the process of solving real-world problems that, quite frankly, haven’t been solved at scale anywhere before. Along the way, we guarantee you’ll get opportunities to be a fearless disruptor, prolific innovator, and a reputed problem solver—someone who truly enables AI and robotics to significantly impact the lives of millions of consumers.
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
· 5+ years of industry or academic research experience in one or more areas in Robotics, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Reinforcement learning, Multi-agent reinforcement learning, optimization for multi-robot systems, Machine Learning, Multi-agent planning, Perception, Autonomous navigation, Path planning, grasping, manipulation or related field.
· 2+ year of hands-on experience in software development using either Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages and/or Machine learning.
· Working knowledge of RL platforms such as OpenAI-Gym, SageMaker-RL, Horizon
· Hands-on architectural or system design experience.
· Extensive algorithm development experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· PhD and 7+ years of industry or academic research experience in one or more areas in Robotics, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Multi-agent path finding, Reinforcement learning, Multi-agent reinforcement learning, Machine Learning, Multi-agent planning, Perception, Autonomous navigation, or related field.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development using either Python, C++, Java and/or other programming languages.
· Familiarity with hardware-software integration and track record of delivering complex algorithms on embedded devices.
· Demonstrable experience in building, programming and integrating software and hardware for robotic systems.
· Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
· Experience in robotics or autonomous vehicles and strong industry background.
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and how they can be applied to scientific research.
· Passion for hiring and developing science talent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.