The EU Echo devices team is seeking a talented, creative, and dynamic Senior Marketing Manager, with a proven track record in delivering high value marketing campaigns in the innovation space. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting and ground breaking new business at Amazon, still in its early stages. The Senior Marketing Manager will lead strategic marketing initiatives which will drive adoption of Echo & Alexa in Europe.
This marketing leader will conceive and propose marketing strategies and concepts, taking into account differences between countries, and looking for synergies where possible. He/she will guide those projects from successful briefing to completion in collaboration with the Central Marketing team. In this role you will be expected to flex both your analytical and business judgement skills and your creative muscles: you should be as comfortable with the marketing science as you are with the marketing art, demonstrating your ability to appropriately use one to inform the other. The successful candidate will need to be a smart risk taker who can deliver big ideas to drive awareness through to purchase intent.
The right person for this role will have experience with online and offline marketing, making data-driven decisions, and influencing others. They should have a solid understanding of customer dynamics and segmentation in the digital media, commerce, advertising, mobile and high-tech industries. They should to have a good understanding of the online advertising landscape and key competitors’ strengths and weaknesses. They must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) while addressing potential business challenges, diving deep and digging up insights. Flexibility, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
· Own the strategic input briefs for the EU Echo Devices Mass and Advertising campaigns, working with the Central Marketing team to deliver innovative, relevant and data driven demand driving initiatives.
· Be the EU champion and voice of the EU customer, commissioning and reviewing relevant research to help us properly understand customer needs.
· Deeply understand and articulate the target customer; fully understanding new and competitive products, trends, and opportunities.
· Create and present high-quality documents and presentations to senior leadership both inside and outside the company.
· Understand, interpret and build on the learnings from all of our methods and systems for measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness, including brand awareness, brand equity, and sales results.
· Create cooperative acquisition marketing programs with leading partners.
We are also looking for:
· Previous Product Marketing/Brand Manager experience in briefing and managing advertising campaigns preferably within the tech/innovation industry.
· Experience in leading cross-functional projects
· Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth category environment.
· High attention to detail.
· Demonstrated willingness to roll up your sleeves.
Role can be based in either London or Luxembourg.
· A bachelor's degree is required.
· Fluency in English.
· At least 5+ years experience in briefing and running campaigns; able to demonstrate that you are/were fully answerable for the results of the campaign and performance of the product.
· Experience in traditional and non-traditional media required, with examples of new methods which have driven a tangible result in the work you have done.
· Experience managing a sizeable budget, showing measurement and analysing results.
· Must have business/marketing or related degree.
· Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; proven ability to think big and influence others.
· Self-starter with a bias for action; can make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
· High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Enjoy getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks and working in ambiguous environments.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.