The Tax Technology team is seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist excited by the opportunity to help build out a world-class Data organization to drive the transformation of Amazon’s massive, petabyte-scale datasets into useful information through data visualization, data modeling, and machine learning to help Amazon Finance meet the growing challenge of global taxation.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will discover and define problems and apply quantitative methods to extract insights and drive strategy across Amazon Tax. You will work with cutting edge technologies that enable the extraction of insights from big data using statistical modeling and machine learning methodologies. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into KPIs and concrete deliverables, working closely with product and software development teams to put data solutions into production.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Drive business changes to improve organizational performance for strategic initiatives through data insights
· Actively solicit and deeply understand stakeholders' business needs and propose scalable data solutions
· Utilize Amazon systems and tools to gather and manipulate data
· Identify opportunities to build and implement statistical modeling or machine learning to extract insights from petabyte-scale datasets
· Partner with Product Managers to understand customer data analysis needs and shape product capabilities
· Recruit and train data scientists, business intelligence engineers, and data analysts
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· B.S. in quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Machine Learning, Engineering, Physics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in a data-related field
· Proficiency with at least one statistical software package, such as Python, R, or Matlab
· Proficiency with using SQL to acquire and transform data from large datasets
· Experience communicating analytical concepts to senior leadership and to non-technical audience
· Experience building data pipelines with cloud services, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
· Experience using business intelligence reporting tools, such as AWS Quicksight, Tableau, or Alteryx
· Basic knowledge of big data analytics technologies
· Experience building and deploying machine learning models to production
· Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.