We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We're looking for outstanding scientists and engineers who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get complex hardware, software, embedded, mobile and mission-critical systems up and running quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch software, hardware, and applied science engineers. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· PhD in electric motor design, motor control, power electronics, or similar
· 5+ years managing teams to deliver electric motor development, motor control, and/or power conversion teams with emphasis on modeling and simulations
· 5+ years of demonstrated experience in development of electric motors and motor control algorithms, thermal management, and power electronics
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams spanning both the hardware and software realms
· Experience with programming languages such as MATLAB, C++, Python
· 10+ years of experience with battery-based propulsion architectures, preferably in automotive, aerospace, and other mission-critical applications
· Excellent understanding of various battery technologies and systems
· Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication, presentation, and documentation skills
· Deep understanding of various power conversion topologies and motor control systems
· Proficiency in control engineering
· Experience with hardware/software integration and real time mission-critical systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.