We are searching for Senior Software Development Engineers with passion for developing complex algorithm and solving mathematical challenges in the context of spatial analysis and distributed execution engines. If you are motivated by the fact that your algorithm helps thousands of the world biggest companies to run spatial analysis and get new insights – this role is for you!
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. With Redshift Spectrum, our customers can easily data from Amazon S3, thereby scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
As Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon Redshift Spatial, you will:
· Participate in the design and development of state-of-the-art spatial systems
· Develop spatial algorithms and provide the foundation for location intelligence
· Build spatial features such as joins, indices, clustering, interpolation and spatial-temporal analysis with full round earth support
· Solve mathematical problems that will revolutionise spatial computing in the cloud
· Mentor other new engineers and help mature a fast-growing team.
· Responsibility for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
Joining the Amazon Redshift Spatial team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into Redshift Spectrum.
· Be part of something big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWSs extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
· Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
· Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
· 6 or more years experience in professional software development
· Experience in writing system software in a systems language such as C or
· Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· Very good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Ability to write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
· Long Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting software.
· Very good communication skills, analytical abilities, and design skills.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science with a focus on computational geometry, graphics or equivalent
· Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), spatial analysis, location intelligence or graphics
· Knowledge of multiple-precision arithmetic kernels for geometric processing
· Contributions to geometric libraries
· Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
· Proven ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
· Experience with systems internals, optimization, and execution
· Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
· Experience in the development and architecture of geometry processing libraries, such as GEOS/PostGIS, CGAL, Boost.Geometry or similar
Explore all AWS Senior Software Engineering roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaredevelopment.splashthat.com/
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.