The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 3 years of professional finance experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Seattle, WA or Nashville, TN offices post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving, transition back to the paid workforce.
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to play a key role on our Operations and Consumer Finance team. This role will partner with Delivery Operations and Consumer finance stakeholders to support financial and strategic initiatives. You will identify opportunities to improve operating performance across areas such as Retail, AMXL, Fresh or Pantry and partner with key stakeholders globally such as Final Mile Delivery, Middle Mile & Sortation, Central Operations, Topology, and various tech teams. You will leverage your education and work experience to lead initiatives to streamline planning/reporting, decide on investments, drive efficiency initiatives, and pursue customer experience to drive P&L benefits.
The role requires an individual who is willing to work in an ambiguous environment and make a big impact. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making, continuously look for areas of improvement, and implement automation in order to reduce manual work load while focusing on delivering insights into the business.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Open to relocate to Seattle, WA or Nashville, TN at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.