Amazon has been investing heavily in providing the best advertiser, publisher, and end customer experience focused on Video Ads. Amazon’s Advertising Technology organization builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
This is an area with explosive growth for Amazon and provides unique challenges like ownership of a mission-critical infrastructure that is the linchpin for video ad enablement. We enable partner teams within Amazon such as Twitch, IMDB, and Prime Video to offer video ads for their VOD streams and live events (ie. Thursday Night Football). Our infrastructure handles a huge volume of requests through a distributed architecture, while maintaining low latency and maximizing ad delivery. We want to scale from here and continually improve our performance.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead the technical direction of the team, own complex infrastructure that processes billions of daily requests, and continually improve platform low-latency and performance. As a senior SDE on the Video Ads team you will lead the design and implementation of high-performance and scalable systems, with immense cross-team impact. You should be passionate about being part of a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is expected of a Senior SDE and is key to our long term success. You have strong communication skills and can collaborate with cross-platform teams and leadership to work towards shared goals.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 8+ years of professional software development experience, with 4+ in large-scale backend work
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
· Proficient in Java coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
· Strong experience in building significant modules for complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Proficiency in professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems, ideally hosted through Amazon Web Services
· Strong experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices including development and maintenance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.