Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
In this role you will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large data-sets, cloud services and customer behavior insights to improve our customer’s experience. Working closely with best-in-class engineers you will have the opportunity to apply a variety of machine learning algorithms, including deep learning, and work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long term evolution of our technology roadmap.
Impact and Career Growth:
· Innovate and define the new pricing model for Sponsored Brand across many creative types.
· Addressing principles of allocation function and pricing in ad marketplace auctions;
· Developing efficient algorithms for multi-objective optimization and AI control methods to find operating points for the ad marketplace auctions and to evolve them
· Opportunity to grow and broaden your machine learning skills a make impact – the work you deliver directly impacts customers and revenue!
· Work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.
· Have the ability to experiment autonomously with meaningful projects.
· Mentor others Applied Scientists.
Why you love this opportunity:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
· Experience defining research and development practices in an applied machine learning environment.
· Experience working with Deep Learning frameworks (MxNet, TensorFlow, etc.).
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists.
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications.
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.