As a Research Scientist you will use your experience to develop new strategies to improve the performance of Amazon’s systems and networks. Working closely with fellow research scientists and product managers, you will use your experience in modeling, statistics, and simulation to design models of new policies, simulate their performance, and evaluate their benefits and impacts to cost, reliability, and speed of our fulfillment network.
Our teams are looking for experience in network and combinatorial optimization, algorithms, data structures, statistics, and/or machine learning. This position requires superior analytical thinking, and ability to apply their technical and statistical knowledge to identify opportunities for industrial research.You should be able to mine and analyze large data, and be able to use necessary programming and statistical analysis software/tools to do so.
· MS degree with research experience in a quantitative field or PHD in a quantitative field
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or related fields.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
· Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
· Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language. command line usage.
· Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
· Energy and willingness to formulate, test, and discard or revise many hypotheses to help Amazon improve its product catalog.
· Ability to relate to and solve business problems through machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our Student Events page to register for one of our upcoming virtual events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
EU Student Programs Team