Compensation Science is building economic models and algorithms from the ground up to design and scale pay for hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees worldwide. The fast-growing, interdisciplinary team is working at the intersection of economics, machine learning, and product development.
We are looking for an outstanding, end-to-end economist who is able to provide structure to ambiguous, complex business problems, conduct causal econometric analysis, work with engineers to launch science models in product, and measure the impact of policy changes.
This role will build and operationalize econometric models for new compensation products owned by the team and initiate high impact projects in the compensation and benefits space. Economists at Amazon have access to engineering and econometric tools and opportunities to learn new econometric and machine learning methods from world-class scholars.
· Own the development of economic models and econometric analysis
· Assist in the delivery of automated, scalable analytic models
· Work collaboratively with economists, scientists, and engineers on the team and across the HR organization
· Interpret and communicate results to global business stakeholders
· PhD in Economics
· 4+ years of post-PhD experience conducting applied economic research
· Proficient using R, Python, Stata or a related software for applied econometric analysis
· Effective written and verbal communication
· Expertise in causal analysis and program evaluation
· Record of delivering high impact in a fast-paced business environment
· Business judgement and relentlessly high standards