Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with millions of active customers in 190 countries around the world. We maintain a rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own startup inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers’ satisfaction, service innovations, ambitious growth, and meeting revenue goals.
AWS Identity platform provides the bedrock for secure and continuous access to all AWS services. By quickly connecting millions of users, across the world we empower organizations and enterprises to accelerate their cloud and digital transformation.
Engineers within AWS Identity need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. You’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing ideas, and learning from those around you. You relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues, fix them permanently while taking the learning back as you design the next iteration.
This specific position is in the Workforce Identity group that handles AWS account sign up, sign in and Single Sign On (SSO). The position will present challenges to design and build solutions that allow both customers and enterprises to interact with AWS. We support all the modern identity standards and push the boundaries to create new ones. The teams work across the full stack from Angular based front ends to Java based microservices supplanted by Python & Ruby based tools for infrastructure builds.
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
· Familiarity with data management techniques including batch processing (similar to MapReduce) and workloads like streaming, and interactive queries.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us