Amazon is looking for a smart, motivated, and analytical Credit Analyst to join our Amazon Business Payments team to provide underwriting, portfolio management and risk management support for the the Amazon Shipping business segment in the U.K.
This role involves high judgment decision making, extensive use of risk modeling and credit analysis. Deep credit underwriting experience across various industries and entity types is fundamental as this role will be tasked with building compressive and scalable risk management solutions for the underlying business segment. The candidate will be of the utmost integrity representing Amazon with professionalism at all times and will have frequent interaction with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure credit decisions are sound and well understood. The successful candidate will build innovative new credit management processes, have a strong attention to detail and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. This role will be based in London and must also be flexible as they will work very closely with the Seattle-based Credit Operations team.
Amazon Shipping offers pay-by-credit terms to select shippers and offers the candidate an exciting growth opportunity with a business that is a high area of focus for Amazon. Amazon Shipping customers range from small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). The U.K. based Credit Analyst will cover U.K. shippers and potentially other shippers in the E.U. The successful candidate must be able to evaluate and mitigate risk while balancing the needs of the business and its growth strategy. The successful Credit Analyst uses risk management to enable the business to grow.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Evaluate credit applications – analyzing data from financial statements, credit reference agencies, application forms and other third party sources to arrive at fast, fair, and appropriate credit decisions.
Collaboration with internal teams – requires strong working relationships with internal teams including technical product teams, operational and fraud teams globally.
Communicate with customers – requires strong Customer Obsession as an Amazon representative in credit-related communication with Amazon Shipping customers.
Improve processes – work with internal teams to understand the systems and variables that affect credit management decisions, and drive improvements in the logic, tools and processes, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually.
Monitor credit performance – monitoring of Accounts Receivables with emphasis on financial transactions such as invoices, credits, debit-notes and cash application.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Equivalent Experience
· Few years of experience in business loan underwriting, credit analysis or corporate/commercial banking
· Ability to interpret key financial statements and credit information
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
· Advanced proficiency with Excel (i.e. macros, VBA, Pivot Tables, etc.)
· Experience in commercial lending underwriting, portfolio monitoring and management, customer service, or banking
· Proficiency with SQL, excel modeling, statistical analysis software (RStudio)