Ring is looking for a Senior PR Manager to join our PR team, focusing on Corporate and Crisis Communication. The team is seeking a high-judgement, well-connected, and seasoned public relations professional to own business critical communications functions for a diverse and challenging range of customer trust topics across Ring. A successful candidate works effectively in a matrixed global organization, quickly builds effective working relationships, possesses extensive media relations skills, has a proven background with business-critical issues management, and can exercise strategic instincts while demonstrating bias for action. This person should be comfortable troubleshooting and digging deep into what makes Ring work from a technical perspective.
This individual will work with key business leaders and product teams – as well as subject matter experts on the PR team – to develop and execute messaging, communications strategies and cross-channel programs, and timely responses to complicated and changing news cycles. They should enjoy looking at a challenge and finding a process to simplify it. The candidate must be comfortable working on fast-moving issues, complex narratives and issues with the media on subjects that can impact Ring’s reputation with customers.
If you find that you are right a lot, thrive in busy environments, are a self-starter, and enjoy diving into technology-related issues, this role might be a great fit. This role is preferred to be based in Los Angeles, but open on location and will require periodic travel.
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of critical communications programs working across a range of Ring’s business.
· Ensure factually accurate representation of Ring in the press.
· Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and mitigate risk around sensitive launches and product offerings
· Manage reputational issues with internal stakeholders and members of the media.
· Protect sensitive competitive, technical and business confidential information.
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers in technology trade and business press
· Work cross-functionally to plan and execute cross-channel communications campaigns.
· Defining, measuring and reporting success and learnings for the Corporate Communications PR team.
· Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism.
· Create processes, mechanisms and playbooks to ensure efficiency in handling reactive PR issues across the team.
· Oversee the creation of ongoing program activities such as relationship management, briefings, events, business team support, and other core program tactics.
· Feed into weekly and quarterly status reports on areas of the business using data tracked by you.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 12+ years of public relations experience, with relevant experience in corporate communications and issues management.
· Technology PR experience required.
· A track record of successfully representing high-profile tech products.
· Experience building out corporate communications functions for fast-growing brands
· Strong crisis management capabilities.
· Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
· Excellent writing skills and proven ability to craft highly impactful copy.
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
· Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters.
· A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels.
· Experience interacting with executive leadership.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.