UK Last Mile Delivery Experience (LMDX) team is seeking an experienced Business Analyst based in the UK. As part of the overall UK Amazon Logistics (AMZL) organization, this team is responsible for ensuring best in class service level, quality and delivery experience for customers who shop on amazon.co.uk. LMDX does this by working together with various teams including Customer Service (CS), On-Road Management team, Delivery Stations (DS), technology and retail teams to eliminate quality defects along the last mile supply chain as well as implementing innovative and out of the box initiatives to exceed customers’ expectations on accurate, efficient and timely deliveries according to their needs.
The Business Analyst will support the LMDX team by leading daily, weekly and monthly business reviews process; driving go/no go decisions on multiple initiatives in the provision of data. Specifically, the work of this role will include providing relevant data analysis, and compliance reporting to support the delivery stations to improve their performance and streamline the daily workload. This role feeds analysis into the Business Development team, to inform the scope of their projects; works with the Perfect Mile teams to provide the most accurate usable data and liaises the Flex Pro team to provide the Delivery Service Provider management team with all the key Customer Service data to support them to drive their individual business results.
The ideal candidate is a natural self-starter who is comfortable working within a cross functional environment, supporting multiple stakeholders and initiatives. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong analytic skills, including the ability to gain true insights from data, and be an effective communicator.
In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable designing reports, extracting and manipulating data, and analyzing and interpreting multiple data sources. Understanding and anticipating the needs of various stakeholders and functional teams will be critical. You will be comfortable to challenge internal customers’ decisions by using appropriate and useful data.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business decisions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting to create new measures for the wider AMZL team
· Recommending, developing, and implementing policies and programs that improve the customer experience
· Leading the development of all weekly and monthly standard reports including continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of interpretation of reports and analysis
· Working with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Relevant experience as a Business/Financial Analyst, BI Engineer or Systems Analyst preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
· Intermediate to advance proficiency in Excel (lookups, pivots, VBA) and SQL
· Experience in data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Quicksight)
· Ability to take complex business problems and translate them into clear and accurate results
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Strong verbal and written communications skills at an executive level that enable you to explain complex insights with clarity and precision.
· Fluent in English.
· Experience working with both business and operations teams with deep experience on existing systems and data sources
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance or related business field.
· Track record of strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and contribute to documents
· Experience developing insights across various areas of customer-related data