The DAC AdsEcon Team is looking for an experienced PhD economist. You will lead science projects using cutting edge econometrics and ML to advance science especially behind our audio advertisement business.
Advertising is used daily to surface new selection and provide customers a wider set of product choices along their shopping journeys. The business is focused on generating value for shoppers as well as advertisers. Our team uses a combination of econometrics, machine learning, and data science to build disruptive products for all our Advertising products. We also generate insights to guide Amazon Advertising strategy, providing direct support to senior leadership.
· Ph.D. in economics or related finance field
· 5+ years of post PhD work experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research or equivalent
· Strong background in empirical industrial organization
· Advanced coding ability in a scripting language such as Python, R, and STATA
· Proven track record in conducting research and solving business problems leveraging techniques from economics or related disciplines.
· Demonstrated experience in online advertisements.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.