Do you want to make a difference to real people's lives and have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? Do you enjoy leading projects including engineers and machine learning scientists working on innovative, high-scale, complex solutions?
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Software Development Manager to join Amazon Advertising’s worldwide Customer Trust team as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to protecting our customers from online safety risks. As the number of digital media users continues to grow worldwide, we are observing malicious users exploiting the internet for personal gain. Come be part of an organisation within Amazon that places customer trust at the heart of what it does, and where the safety of users is paramount.
As a Software Development Manager you will lead a team of engineers responsible for the development of our product and services. You will work on some of Amazon’s hardest problems in digital advertising. You will lead a team to solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices, building solutions that scale and perform. You will exert technical vision and will build highly scalable, architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with our customer’s and business’s needs. You will possess a unique blend of technical breadth and depth, paired with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Come join a team based in Edinburgh, Scotland, that is rapidly expanding. Enjoy the chance to work in a relaxed setting with a good social life. You will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to people's lives in our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
· Relevant engineering experience
· Experience managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Computer Science degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
· Experience of software development and a solid grounding in Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, programming languages and distributed systems.
· Experience with modern software development practices including automated testing, refactoring, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
· Experience leading the delivery of large, cross-team projects.
· Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.